A Whole New (Blog) World

Blog has been around for quite some time but it was only recently that I did realize its power to disseminate information. As a media person, the immediacy of sending out information takes primacy and blogging is one sure way to send our ideas across the islands and elsewhere in a faster and more efficient way.

Joining my other friends from the Northern Marianas in the blogosphere, I would like to share with everyone our magazine called Island Locator. It is the product of the perseverance, dedication, and creativity of Elite Printing's elite core of artists and its lone writer (not to forget the indefatigable salesperson Dennis). Without the creative and hardworking artists (special mention: Rommel and Chito) the stories would not be as engaging as they are now. I am proud that I have worked and still am working with the best arts team.

This writer is also thankful to the management of ASG Corporation who have been very supportive of the changes we've been introducing to improve our magazine.

I also would like to express my sincerest gratitude to our longtime contributor, Ken Kramer, who has been with the magazine longer than anyone else who worked for the magazine itself.

This writer is also grateful to PAWS's Katie Busenkell, Commonwealth Cancer Association's Dr. Jack Hardy, Karen Benson, and our latest cover story, Marianas Eye Institute's Dr. Mark Robertson, for spending a portion of their busy schedule to write an article and share photographs for free magazine.

I also would like to take this opportunity to invite bloggers out there who think their life story or their unique recreation is worth sharing to the public in printed form. I may be reached at islandlocator@yahoo.com in case you decide to have your story written.

Island Locator magazine now ceases to be a magazine only. Blog is now its alter ego.







I

Comments

Popular Posts